Image Attribution: “Assignment 1: Part A by Nkiruka Egbuche” by Atlantic Shopping and Entertainment Centre is licensed under CC0. Nigeria (See interactive map)

Assignment 1: Part A

I found this advert as I walked into the Shopping mall to purchase groceries in my neighbourhood. The advert was created by the mall complex: Atlantic Shopping and Entertainment Centre to attract shoppers to purchase more items than they anticipated. The shopping mall was built within my neighbourhood about two years ago and immediately it was a hit because it was developed as a one stop shop for al buyers and Stakeholders to cater to their needs and because of its close proximity to home. The mall composes of all types of shops such as supermarkets, pharmacy, cinema, cafes, arcade games and outdoor sports etc.

The background colour of the picture is bright blue which makes it attractive and easy to capture with the corner of your eyes. Other bold colours include red, pink deep blue and white which are a mix of primary, secondary and tertiary colours. These colours are all mixed up therefore making the advert inviting and passing the message across which is basically…SHOP SHOP SHOP!!! The vivid appearance of the model definitely passed the message that shopping with them is fun and worth while. Also the fact a female gender is a model makes it even more effective because women are known to be heavy spenders and shoppers than the male gender.

I think the target group is everybody that walks into the mall to shop. The company created a space for family, friends, neighbours and people across all ages to feel good during their shopping experience. For instance, while a mother goes shopping for groceries, the father can take the kids to the game section to while away time and keep the kids distracted and entertained. The image is very effective because I actually ended up spending above my budget and I enjoyed the shopping experience as I got to walk around the mall, watched a movie and had my dinner at a café.

The company’s brand is popularly known because of the availability of the cinema popularly known as The grand Cinema. It is the closest Cinema with close range and it has about 4-5 cinema rooms which makes it inviting for movie lovers and attractive to the upcoming valentine celebration.

The most prominent reviews about the shopping mall focused on the availability of parking space, accessibility, security, the cleanliness of the environment, convenience, the game arcade and the inbuilt cinema. Regardless of the positive reviews, someone disapproved of the poor quality of the cinema and all the elevator was malfunctioning.

I agree with him with regards to the elevators because when I got there, there was a sign placed on the elevators- Out of Order.

Overall, the photo advert of the model was attractive, bold, effective and fun.

https://ng.africabz.com/lagos/atlantic-shopping-entertainment-centre-115395