Image Attribution: “Back To School Deal” by Arbin Chaudhry is licensed under CC BY-NC. 945 West Columbia Street, Kamloops, BC, Canada (See interactive map)

Arbin Chaudhary

T00658388

Dr.Teryll Atkins

Assignment 1, PART A

The advertisement is from Freshco, a retail store for groceries and pharmacies that comes under the company Sobey at Sahali Mall, 945 W Columbia Street Kamloops. I was walking across the mall and the ad caught my eyes due to its contrast green color. The advertisement can easily attract everyone as the advertisement speaks about saving money for the students. The advertisement is clear and concise. It is not funky but simple with easy-catching colors, fonts, and pictures. The ad is placed in front of the gate of the store where anyone can have a look passing from that way. Advertisement of the store is faced towards the mall which has a gym, restaurant, and theft store, and a large parking lot.

The center of the ad has the main information. On the top left corner, we can see a download-like arrow that symbolizes the logo of freshco. In my opinion, the download-like arrow depicts the company’s motto “Lowering Food Prices”.  On the top right and bottom left corner, we can see fascinating pictures of snacks that can easily fit on the backpacks of the students. The bottom right corner of the ad shows a slogan of the company, “LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED”. The slogan is a striking feature of art. The company aims to present that they are the cheapest groceries provider in the town in comparison to the other retailers. The foreground of the ad is printed in black with a green background which can be even viewed from the distance. The font is bold and is eye-catching.

Analytically, the words which are at the center of the advertisement focus on the school-going people. The pictures presented in the ad tries to speak directly to the customers on the behalf of the company. The ad promotes the new offer for the students trying to convey to save money. As me being a student, I was attracted to the ad and the promise made was kept. In my opinion, all the pictorial elements are convincing as all of the written as well pictures are combined and only anchor the main motive and scheme of the company. Due to the noticeable color from the distance, the ad can attract many customers other than students. I saw the advertisement when I was passing by the mall and the ad attracted me. The ad is noticeable due to its color combination, fonts used. The ad is standing ideal which makes it distinct and unique.

The company aims to lower the food prices and they are successful in acquiring their aim. The prices at freshco are relatively lower than the prices of the same groceries at other stores. The positivity of the company is that it has banned all the uses of plastic bags but instead they use reusable bags. The main motive of the company was to encourage the customers to bring their bags thus eliminating the plastic that is harmful to the environment. (Pringle, 2020) The company eliminated the sale of plastic bags in their store.

Works Cited

Pringle, J. (2020). Sobeys eliminating plastic bags from stores starting Friday. CTV News.