Image Attribution: “Dairy Queen Dilly Bar: Assignment 1 part A” by Angelina is licensed under CC0. (See interactive map)

This advertisement is a sign from inside a Dairy Queen, it was created and put up by the establishment to inform people about their new non dairy Dilly Bar. 

The Ad is a small poster at the top of their ice cream freezer, it is a white background with two different shades of green writing and an image of a dilly bar with a bite taken from it. It gives us the information of what the product is, what it is made with, with dietary restrictions it fits under and the price. It is a pleasing to the eye poster with a straight to the point message. The colour of the writing is enough to catch your eye but not extremely bright.

Advertising a dairy free option and having a picture of the dilly bar on it is a useful use of an image because anyone who may have liked dilly bars before going dairy free could see the image and be reminded of them and want to try out the new option they can now have, in a place that does not have many dessert options for them. 

The advertisement is located on the top of the freezer door. Anyone looking in the ice cream freezer would see it right away. It is noticeable where it is placed, it’s not too high up or out of the way. I would however say a critique of the placement is that it is over by where people are waiting for their food and already paid, some people may see it and remember for next time but it may be a more useful advertisement if seen before ordering. The image made me want a dilly bar and I was kind of upset I had not ordered one and it made me realize how long it has been since I have, it also made me think of my vegan best friend and wondering if she has tried these new vagan ones. 

In 2016, The international Dairy Queen incorporation announced that by 2025 all eggs used in their restaurants in Canada and the USA will be caged free. As of 2021, they have made progress with this promise, they have “reduced their use of  proprietary ingredients not yet using cage-free eggs by more than 35 percent….[and] 100 percent of proprietary ingredients in Blizzard”(Wire 2021). The switch in eggs used in response to the way chickens are treated in most egg production farms. 

Wire, business. “International Dairy Queen On Track to Meet Cage-free Egg Commitment in 2025” Financial Post,13 Jan. 2021

https://financialpost.com/pmn/press-releases-pmn/business-wire-news-releases-pmn/international-dairy-queen-on-track-to-meet-cage-free-egg-commitment-in-2025