Image Attribution: “FOCUS FACTOR CHEWABLES AD VISA 1500” by Parshi Lohia is licensed under CC0. (See interactive map)

Parshi Lohia

Terryl Atkins

September 23, 2020

T00653539

I found this advertisement in a magazine. This Ad is for Factor chewables which focuses on the development of young brains. The Ad is separated into two sections of the page. In which the upper half is for adults and the bottom is for the kids. The ad is full of information and with description of working of the chewables. the upper half describes how it affects adult’s brain functioning and the one at the bottom describes its effects on young brains.

The center of attraction seems to be the hair of the individuals. As we all know that Albert Einstein had a hair do like the one shown in the ad. We can clearly make out that the Ad is suppose to be something related to brain and intelligence. This metaphorical imagination has been beautifully depicted in the ad. The ad says “feeding Einsteins of all sizes” with which the party means that the product they’re trying to sell is for kids as well as adults. Usage of the name Einstein( as he’s the genius ) and get up of the models captures the eyes of the consumers.

When we look at the background of the picture of the upper half we see a board which is full of scientific drawings, graphs, ideas, calculations, brainstorm. This helps us to understand that the chewables will help to increase the intelligence level even if we don’t read any text. That is the beauty of the visual imagination in this ad that without reading any text we can easily figure out what the ad is about.

I think this Ad is successful in conveying its message to the consumers as the placement and classifications of different chewables are done gracefully. The ad on the upper half states that ” it helps in nourishing amazing, hard-working brains with a patented combination of neuronutrients “. After this quotation I as an consumer was able to relate with the ad. An Ad is successful once the consumer can relate it with themselves, which in this case happened with me. As we can see in the ad that the models are looking very smart with formals on, a smile on their faces as if they’re spreading positive vibes, one model with a tablet in his hand as if he’s doing some calculation very easily.

Many consumers believe building their intelligence level naturally and not depending on the chewables because we all cannot rely on any company, after all that is something which will be affecting our brain and we don’t want to take risk with that. But in the Ad they’ve mentioned that its clinically tested and usage of words such as HELPS, SUPPORTS, NOURISHES are very convincing and attracts to build up a trustworthy relationship with the company.

As it is a newly emerging company going through the reviews of the people which were not so many, they have used very powerful words to describe the product. One of which was “gave me my brain back”. the product has stood on the expectations of the consumers. Not only the ingredients of the chewables but also because of its inexpensive nature this product has been successful in spreading the message of  ‘its never to late to train/ nourish your brain’. After all physical age doesn’t matter but mental age do which in other word means if you’re active from inside then you’re active from outside. No offence I purchased one for myself.

work cited

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1S2IGRS7MLFBU/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B074WYM8F2#R1S2IGRS7MLFBU