Image Attribution: “Subway Hiring, Sept, 2021” by https://www.subway.com/en-CA/ is licensed under CC BY-SA. Subway, Summit Drive, Kamloops, BC, Canada (See interactive map)

Tanveer Kaur

Dr. Terryl Atkins

Sept 2021

Part A, Assignment 1

While eating out with my friends on the subway I saw this advertisement on one of the windows at the subway. This is a hiring advertisement from the subway which is clearly calling new people to join its team.

This picture clearly shows what they want and provided with the choice of where to apply; in person or if online then the QR code with a link to the official career site of the subway.

But this advertisement was clear and concise in terms of what was to be conveyed to the target group. Join the team was the perfect eye-catching phrase to attract the attention of someone looking for a job. I liked the idea of QR code which is common nowadays. Sometimes, new people do not have much confidence in asking many questions, this makes it easier for them.

Since I saw this on the glass window at the subway, near the entry door which obviously was the place where almost everyone would notice. It has the standard green color of the subway, which made it blend in with the surroundings. They could have also mentioned the starting pay and some of the incentives offered, which could have made it more appealing and it would have made people interested.

According to me, the subtleness of this advertisement gave a formal impression of working at the subway, as compared to other fast-food restaurants. Because most of the fast-food restaurants try to show more cheerful faces and working styles on advertisements to attract more students and teenagers to work with them. Unlike that, a sense of maturity is reflected in this advertisement.

I definitely recognize this brand, it is very rare for a person to not know about the subway. Like every other fast-food restaurant, it works on customer satisfaction. Unlike competitors such as A&W, Tim Hortons, and McDonald’s, which create their typical food products behind closed doors with limited personalization possibilities, subway prepares it in front of customers, resulting in a higher rate of customer satisfaction.

Work cited:

https://www.subway.com/en-CA/